We believe that because God and His Gospel makes us family, then it should be natural for family to live and do life together. And we desire to model that Gospel Community not just be an event. Rather, we desire it to be a lifestyle. Because biblical community is not just "a nice thing to do"; we consider each other to be essential for growth in our lives.
Our Gospel Community Groups, or what we call GC's, are a way for you to hang out with friends and new faces, share a meal together, do an activity together, or reach out to your neighborhood or community together. We use the word "together" because the good news of Jesus Christ radically changes how we do life. We are hard-wired for community, not for living in isolation, and we believe that living life together is the best way to encourage each other, glorify God, and help one another to grow and look more like Jesus.
In fact, our church mission statement emphasizes this idea:
Living in biblical community by encouraging and equipping people to know Jesus and grow in a life-changing relationship with Him.
And so our goal is to produce more and better followers of Jesus who worship and make much of Him through our lives.
So what should you expect?
Our Gospel Community Groups meet together each week or every other week. They are designed to be informal and have a smaller, more intimate feel to them. They are typically in people's homes and usually center around a shared meal and discussing questions from the most recent Sunday sermon. Our goals are to...
- live more of life together
- talk about God's word and our identity in Jesus
- mutually care for each other
- provide accountability in pursuing Christ-likeness through authentic and open relationships
- pray with and for each other
- share more in each other's lives through having a meal together or just having fun
- perform acts of service, love, and mercy to others in the community to bring them into the family of God